Friday, September 5, 2008

In the army....

My son is now Private Lewis, Airborne ranger medic. He passed his physical today and signed a contract. He ships out on Jan. 20 for boot camp in Texas. Then he has ranger school, medic school and airborne school. He will be in school for 13 months. Then its off into the wild blue yonder. I can't stop crying.

3 comments:

Janette said...

I cannot stress how different my daughter is since boot camp- more responsible and willing to try things. My hubby was a Special Forces medic. He says of that time in Vietnam- they were the best people to serve with-most responsible and most fun.

Anonymous said...

The army was good for my son too. Even when he complained and made life rough for us, he now realizes that it was all good. I hope DJ has a good experience.

Michelle said...

Teresa, being in the army challenged me, helped me mature quickly, and we made lifelong friends.

Praying for DJ and for you too!