Sunday, August 24, 2008

My baby......





Is all grown up and joining the army. He has wanted to be in the military for as long as I can remember. If he hadn't torn his acl, he would have joined the marines last year. That was his first choice. His knee put that dream to rest and now he is going for the army. He can't be infantry, but scored high enough on the test to have a choice of paths. His first choice is to be a missle launch specialist. He takes his physical on Tuesday, and seeing that he is in great shape, he should pass with flying colors. His surgeon gave him a medical waiver for his knee.
I am really frightened. I don't want him to join. But I am also extremely proud. This is not a decision that he made lightly. He is smart and talented, and the army is not a last resort for him. He loves our country. He wants the experience and is looking forward to it without blinders on. I love my baby, the man he has become.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{{{{Teresa}}}}}}}} I know how you feel. In spite of all of his complaining at the time, my son now looks back on his army experience as being very good for him. He reminds himself that if he hadn't gone to the army and been deployed, he wouldn't have made the decisions that he did once he got back that led to him meeting his lovely wife! It was all for the good.

Michelle said...

Teresa, you should feel incredibly proud of your son. Please tell him we thank him for his service.

The army life can be a wonderful experience.

I'll pray for him and for you.

Janette said...

Hooo Ahhhh!
Maybe he will be close to me - even if for a minute:>) The Army is a huge family. I will hope and pray that he gains what he desires while making us proud. There is nothing like public service to sharpen a person for life.

Renee said...

The Army has definite advantage. I hope that your son gets an MOS that fits his talents and his desires. Please thank him from this ole Army wife