Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cujo

Our boxer, Cujo was really sick yesterday. He is such a happy, energetic little guy and yesterday he just wasn't himself. He didn't dig any holes, or get in the garbage, or help me do the dishes. He didn't even do his prancy dance. So about 4 he started feeling hot and I called the vet. Thankfully they said bring him right in. They looked him over and couldn't find anything obvious, but he did have a high fever. They are doing a blood test for valley fever, and he is on antibiotics. He started coming around about 4 this afternoon. Thank God! The light came back on in his eyes and he drank alot and even ate. Hopefully he will be back to his digging, trashy self tomorrow.

I hope that noone is offended by my music video. I just love the song. It makes me want to dance!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Teresa, I can't see anybody's videos anymore. :( I don't know what the problem is.

I'm so glad Cujo is feeling better. What is valley fever?

Anonymous said...

Cujo has my prayers.

Teresa said...

Michelle,
Valley fever is a fungal disease that affects the respiratory system. It is found in spores in the dirt, and is more prevelant this time of year. It affects humans as well as dogs. It is curable, but the treatment is 6-12 months. My sisters dog had it, but she also had alot of other illnesses so her prognosis was really poor.
When humans get it sometimes it isn't even deteceted until a chest x ray reveals scarring years later.