Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas


We had a really nice Christmas this year. We spent Christmas Eve at my sisters house with my family. My cousin and his wife are here visiting and I haven't seen him in 25 years! They sold their home in Canada, bought a 5th wheel and are being gypsy's. They don't have childen and retired early.........what a fun time!!
My nephew turned 5 on the 23'd, but we had his party a few weeks ago. When they were here for Thanksgiving I had asked Max what he wanted for his birthday. He rattled off a list that inculded Power Rangers, GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars stuff, etc. So, silly me bought him some Power Ranger transformers and power ranger gloves. He really liked them, but after all of his gifts had been open, he came and asked me, "Where is my Darth Vader death star?" I just cracked up and told him that maybe it was coming for Christmas. So, on Christmas eve when he opened his Darth Vader death star he jumped up and gleefully exclaimed......"It's from YOU!!" and leapt into my arms. It was the funniest thing ever.
Christmas morning all of my kids came to open gifts and have meat pie and mimosas. The girls all got laptops and my son a big tv. Needless to say, they were all thrilled. I recieved a sony e-book. It is really cool, you download books onto it to read. It can hold 150 books and is smaller and lighter than a paperback book. I am in the middle of a book now, but as soon as I finish, I am downloading the sequel and testing out my new toy.
Kayden won't remember his first Christmas, but we sure took alot of pics to show him.
THis is one of my favorites. He looks like he is part of the package...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that I say this every time you post a picture of Kayden, but he's so cute! Enjoy that little guy every day. And give those soft, sweet baby cheeks a kiss from me.

Janette said...

Wonderful picture. I loved the last one as well- the "fencer pose" only happens for such a short period of time- it is fun to see it!
I am glad you had a good Christmas as well. It is so special with a baby in the house!