Stay out of your adult childrens lives?
My oldest dd, the one with Kayden is in a relationship that is a nightmare. She doesn't see it and whenever something ELSE gets brought up or pointed out, she defends the loser and refuses to believe anything because "You all just hate him".
He sells prescription pills, he abuses prescription pills, he is on methadone, supposedly to manage his pain and get him off prescrition pills. He was arrested at his job and fired for shoplifting, the list is endless.
I have finally decided that I am NOT going to get involved anymore. She has to open her own eyes and see him for what he is. If this is the man she wants to be an example for her son, there really isn't anything else that I can do about it.
I will be here for her, always, and I will not say "I told you so", when she sees the creep for what he really is.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Teresa, what a horrible position to be in. I am sorry that your daughter can't see the obvious. I will pray for her and for Kayden that she opens her eyes soon. He sounds like bad news.
Difficult to say the least. I am trying to stay out of my children's hair- because I realize that what I say can be taken as fact and used.
My niece married a bad boy. He ended up in prison and she almost lost their two kids. She divorced-but still loves him (after 5 years) and has not remarried..... We all hate the situation- but there doesn't seem to be a way to have her stop loving him. We all simply do not talk about him- ever, even when he is around. We are nice, chat, but never really talk.
Thanks for the prayers Carrie.
Janette, that is the approach we have been taking, I didn't even acknowledge his bd last week.
{{{{ Teresa }}}} I will pray for your daughter and Kayden as well as this boy she's involved with.
{{{{{{{{Teresa & dh}}}}}}}
My sister was in an abusive/violent relationship for almost two decades. It was very difficult to watch but my parents learned a lot about *tough love*. In a way, I really think witnessing that situation has better prepared me to parent the children I have.
I'm so sorry for the pain this situation is causing. You ARE doing the right thing: loving your dd and grandson but not enabling that kind of behavior in your home.
I'll be praying for all!
{{{{{Teresa}}}}}
Post a Comment