Monday, July 28, 2008

Wondering....

Why is it that out of 4 kids only 1 has made me gray? That one is enough trouble for all 4 plus. I love her to pieces and I know that I failed her when she was younger, now it is too late. I should have paid more attention and saw the signs. I was busy, that is no excuse. I know she needs professional help, I know she has trust issues, among other things. She is 20 now and I can't force her to seek help. I do bring it up and I do strongly suggest that she try to find someone to talk her problems thru with. She says she wouldn't even be honest with a counselor, so why bother? I know I could tell her that if she doesn't go to counseling that she will have to move out, but I can't do that. "I" am the one that failed here. I am not going to throw her out. She is strong, she is stubborn, she is beautiful, she is independent, she is amazing, she is broken.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, I am beginning to think that I have one like that too. It isn't easy. I really don't know what to do. She is a good kid, just waaaaay too quirky. I am praying for you in dealing with yours.

Janette said...

I only have two and I have one. It must just be the way it is.
If the one is nurtured correctly as a young adult (and I don't mean pampered) theyusually turn out the strongest of all....
Now how do I turn of fthe pampering?

Teresa said...

Carrie, I will pray for yours as I am praying for mine.
Janette, She is really strong just very undirected. I don't know how to turn off the pampering either.

Michelle said...

Teresa, I'll be praying for you and your dd.