Sunday, August 26, 2007

Good day!

Today was a really good day. For starters, I felt really good when I got up, that is quite an occurence lately. So, I headed to Tarjay' for the necessities.

Don's birthday is on Sunday, so I hit Dillards and SCORED!! They had 50% off of summer things (it is summer all year here!) and an additional 30% off the 50%. So he got some really nice shirts and shorts, and I got some new clothes as well :). Estee Lauder was having their gift with purchase event and I needed powder, so I got a new makeup bag, lip stick and gloss, blush, eye cream, and mascara for free!

Don and DJ were using our football tickets this evening, so Kristin and I took my mom to dinner. We hit IKEA first and got some things for her room. It is going to look really nice. We went to PF CHANGS for dinner, so yummy. My mom had 3 of the collage frames with pics of the family hanging in her garage, so I snagged those. 1 of them is entirely us when we were kids, and the other 2 are all the families. I already have several on walls in the hall, so I will add these "new" ones.

Tomorrow we are going to the outlaws for dh's birthday dinner........pray for us!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Teresa, I'm so glad you had such a great day!

Great deal on the clothes for Don's b.d.

Hope you have a good time with the in laws. :)

Teresa said...

Thanks Michelle.
The inlaws are very difficult. Our famil overwhelms them, and now that they are all basically adults it is worse. They speak up for things that bother them. ie, my bil is a drunk, he once again lost everything he had was on the street so they "saved" him again. They allow bil 2 beers a day. Because, EVERYONE knows that beer isn't alcohol. Well, the kids all knocked that theory to hell today and it pissed of the inlaws.
Then they can't really handle change, and we all know how much change happens in young peoples lives.. I don't know. It is so draining go there........

Michelle said...

{{{{{{{{Teresa & Don}}}}}}} I remember you telling us about your bil. That would be very difficult to deal with but I'm glad your kids feel free to speak the truth. You've raised your children well!