Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Oy..........

Today was another winner! Kristin fell off of her shoes last night and fractured her ankle, just a hairline fracture, but it still hurts!!

The King of Dickdom (ex bil) proved that he can still sometimes be a stand up guy. He works for a group of Orthopods and was able to squeeze us in to get an xray and visit. Sure beats sitting in an ER for hours. Trying to get a same day appt at a specialist is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, so... thanks Boob, opps, Bob.

Kris now has a blow up gel splint and has to be on crutches. School just started on Monday, and it is her right foot, so we will have to drive her and she will have to hobble around campus on crutches for a few weeks at least. I told her maybe a handsome young man will offer to carry her backpack for her.........you know, the damzle in distress!! That made her laugh at least, but she did miss a couple of classes today. She emailed her profs, and has a note, so she should be okay. I swear, this kid is going to either drive me to drink or put me in an early grave, but I love her to pieces.

She also finally admitted the other day, after a meltdown at the mall, that she doesn't know why she is so sad sometimes, and maybe we could find someone for her to at least talk to, so the search is on. Please say a prayer that we can find someone who she can feel comfortable with and that is a compotent mental health professional.

Nicole is doing good. She looks great. You cannot tell that she is pregnant unless you get a side view. She is 29 weeks. Chris is being a big jerk though. He has said some really awful things to her. He has been taking alot of non prescribed pain meds. He had an appt. with a pain management specialist who told him exactly what damage those pills can do if abused, put him on a regiment of meds and pt, will drug test him to make sure he is not taking anything other than what is prescribed, so I think we have a thread of hope. He wants to be in the babys life, but the mood swings and the way he has been acting are pushing him away. Nicole cannot leave the baby alone with him, the way he has been acting. He has 11 weeks to get it together. I have a giant babyshower to plan and am so not good at those things......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do know that we are going to have to rent a room or a hall to accomadate all the folks.

Jeni is LOVING being back home in Arizona. She transfered her job here, she works at a bank, and she is going to school almost full time. I just don't want her to get too stressed out. She also started school this week, so she has a Monday nite class, classes all day on Tues and Thurs, and is going to have to work Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun. She is going to ask to have at least every other Sunday off, so I hope they say yes. She is such a good chick. She called me today and said she has a black eye from a box of quarters falling on her face. I told her good one.....no one could MAKE up a story like that! Her ex is coming here on Labor day weekend to visit his cousin. She hasn't decided wether she wants to see him yet or not.

Finally DJ. He is such a great young man. He is a senior this year and is on track to graduate in December. Hope he keeps up the work. He also works at the same resturaunt the rest of us (except dh) have worked at. He is up late alot and so am I and we have had some great talks. The other nite we talked for over 2 hours, about everything. I love that kid! My baby who is almost 6 feet tall and weighs 190. Although he won't admit it out loud he loves his "little" big sister to death. She is only 14 months older and has always been small, so they looked like twins .They fight ALOT, but he would do anything and does for her. He just doesn't want her to know that he loves her.............LOL

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Teresa, how high were those heels, lol? Praying she has a quick recovery.

Wow, a baby shower, what fun! Let's see.....Do you want to play games? Two of my favorites were:
have two dolls and have them stripped naked with the clothes (including diaper) next to the baby. Whoever dresses their baby the fastest wins.

Second game: take labels off the baby food (number them and write down what they are on your answer sheet). Pass the jars around and everyone has to write down the number jar and what they think it is. What makes it even harder is to have similar colored baby food like--carrots, peaches, sweet potatoes, etc.

Glad to hear Jeni is doing well. Ouch on the black eye! You're right...no one could make that up, lol!

Congratulations to DJ on the early graduation! Does he have plans after high school?

Teresa said...

Michelle,
Her heels were pretty high!!
Thanks for the game ideas, I love the baby food one.
DJ is still thinking about what he wants to do, some kind of law enforcement I think.

Anonymous said...

Poor Kristen! I hope a handsome prince comes to her rescue. LOL.

Somewhere online I saw a "recipe" for a diaper cake. It was pretty cool - you roll up disposable diapers and make a layer "cake" out of them. I'll see if I can find that and email it to you.

Michelle said...

Teresa, has DJ thought about shadowing a police officer? I suggest my kids do that, if at all possible, that way they have a better idea of what the job is really like.

Michelle said...

Carrie, I've seen those *cakes*. They look neat!