Sunday, October 14, 2007

Made it!

The shower was yesterday and Nicole is still pregnant! We had a great time. The weather was perfect and we had a really nice turn out. Nicole got alot of really nice things and lots of diapers! I found a game online that was alot of fun. It had a sentence and you had to pick a candy that best went with the sentence. I had a bag of candy on the tables that had all the answer candies in them.
IE: Girl name... Baby Ruth
College cost...100 grand.
Everyone was having a ball trying to figure them all out.
At the shower Chris's mom said that she wanted to talk to me about the birth.......sigh.........Nicole only wants Chris and I in the room with her. Chris' mom assumed that she would be there. She never asked Nicole, or Chris for that matter. Now she is really upset that they told her that it is only going to be me. She said that she cried for days. I didn't have a chance to talk to her, but she said she is going to call me. I think she thinks I am going to tell Nicole she has to be invited. WRONG! I have to tell her that it isn't about her. Nicole isn't trying to hurt her feelings, she doesn't want her there. Chris' family thinks that childbirth is a spectator sport. When someone is having a baby, they all show up and expect to be in the delivery room, or in the room immediately after the baby is born. Nicole wants quiet time to bond with the baby and learn how to nurse, etc. I think at this point they are going to wait until after Kayden is born to call her. I just really am not looking forward to that conversation. I will stick by my daughter and her decisions. Its her show afterall.

Last week Don took on the main bathroom as a job. It had wallpaper on all the walls that was at least 20 years old. It took him 5 days to get all the layers and glue off. Then he had to retexture the walls, repair baseboards and paint. It looks awesome! Then we decided to also redo our Arizona room. It is like a screened porch. We took down the screens a couple of years ago because they were torn. It had ugly green astroturf and really had become a storage room/ eye sore. So......we bought a roll of screen and put that up......WOW, what a difference. Then we picked out some indoor//outdoor carpet that is like a berber. Our yard guy/all around wonderful handyman, installed it for us. It is gorgeous. The only thing out there right now is a fridge. I have a futon bed that is in Jeni's old room, which is going to be Kayden's new room. So, we are going to put that out and have it up as a couch. Then I have to get a coffee table and a couple of chairs and wala..another living space. So today, I did nada. Well, I didn't leave the house anyway. I did do laundry, finished the dishes from yesterday, made dinner and helped Nicole go thru all of her gifts, but compared to the last few days, it was relaxing.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Teresa, I don't envy being in your situation with Chris' mom but I'm sure Nicole really appreciates you sticking up for her. I'll be praying Chris' mom realizes how important this is to Nicole especially being a first time mom.

Ahem....photos please!!! The bathroom and screened in porch sound like they turned out awesome!

Teresa said...

Michelle,
Once I learn how, I will post photos! LOL