Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday..........

Only 4 days till the shower. So far, so good. Don has spent the last 5 days in the bathroom, poor guy! He decided he wanted to redo it before the shower, so he had to take of years of wallpaper. That is finally done, the walls are spackled, textured and painted! It looks amazing. He just has to paint the cabinets and put up the new hardware. YEAH.
Then we also decided ti tackle the Arizona Room. New screens are up and carpet goes in on Thurs. It is going to be great.
I have my lists and have checked them twice.....lol. I should have everything by Friday, so Sat. all we have to do is get the cake and do decorations. I am going to admit that I really suck at being a hostess. I have never felt comfortable having people in my home, especially lots of people I don't know. So I asked my sister, Pati perfect to cohost with me. She jumped right on the band wagon and now I dont feel so naseous.

One of the techs at work quit recently. She was very good at her job, the surgeons loved her, but she stirred the pot way too much. So, after working at 2 other hospitals she has found that the grass is not greener on the other side of the hill and wants to come back. Everyone, from the Periop Director, manager, Chief of surgery and head of the anesthesia committee have asked my opinon on rehiring her. I am honored that they all value my opinion and I told them all the truth. She is not getting her job back. I feel bad, she is a nice person, but caused 90 percent of the drama on my shift and a good part on the day and midnight shifts as well.
Since she has been gone it has really been pleasant. Everyone gets along and gets things done.

Maybe by Saturday I will have one of the kids teach me how to post pics, so I can post some of the shower, and then the baby!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Teresa, the bathroom sounds great! Can't wait to see photos of the new bathroom, baby shower and of course, especially the baby!

I understand how you feel....I don't do well in large crowds of strangers either. I'm glad your sister can help out.

I think it's awesome that you were consulted regarding the decision to rehire a former employee. Even though you felt badly, you did the right thing in telling the truth. I'm sure your co-workers appreciate your honesty and sincereity too. :)

Renee said...

I am also a lousy hostess. I always freak out about getting the house clean and straightened. I worry about the kids acting properly. I just don't enjoy it so I don't do it often :(