Friday, October 5, 2007

This and that

We have Nicole's baby shower scheduled for Oct. 13. I rented tables, chairs, etc and they are going to be delivered on Oct. 12. Nicole has been on meds to hold off her labor for about 5 weeks. On Monday, Oct. 8 they are taking her off of her meds because she will be 36 weeks and everything is going well. I just KNOW that she is going to have the baby on the 12th. Please say a prayer that she at least makes it thru the shower without going into labor. TIA

Cujo got over whatever bug he had. It isn't valley fever or tick fever. His blood work came back great. He was back to his usual self and then yesterday he wasn't. DH bumped into him and he screamed. It wasn't even a hard bump. Then he was trying to eat a chicken jerky and yelleped again. He wouldn't go thru the doggy door and his face looked swollen and he was holding his head at a strange angle. So..........back to the vet he goes. They did a neck xray( I was really worried about a fracture ) and it was fine. She thinks he was hurt playing with Bear who outweighs him by 30 lbs. They really play hard. So, she gave him an anti inflamatory and by the time I got home from work he was fine again. This morning he was sore, so I think we will keep him on the meds for a few more days, and try to keep him quiet. That is the hard part, he is a 9 month old puppy with TONS of energy. It is so sad when he isn't feeling good. He has the best personality and is so much fun. He is taking after Bear and follows me everywhere. Now I have 2 shadows.

We are semi remodeling our main bathroom. It had wallpaper that was who knows how old and it is taking forever to remove. DH has 3/4 done. Then we are repainting and putting new light fixtures and a new shower curtain. Dh wanted me to pick out a paint color so I went to the Bear website. They have a virtual paint program that is really neat. I ended up picking out a color called CHina cup. So, when DH went to get the paint I decided to go along and look at fixtures. He was browsing thru the paint chips and picked the same color I did, without knowing it. I guess it is the color that is meant to be. We will retile the shower another time. I went to take pics of the progress, I forgot before pics, and I didn't have a memory card......Oh well, we know how ugly it was!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Teresa, I'll be praying for Nicole and baby Kayden. Be sure to keep us posted!

Glad to hear Cujo's feeling better. We love our dogs too....they become such a big part of the family, don't they? :)

I hope you post *after* photos of the bathroom. Do you have a link to the paint website?