Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fun weekend

Saturday we had a party for my db who turned 50 on Friday. His wife, Kim, has been in the hospital since March 24, so he needed some lifting up. We had a great time. It was at my sisters house. My sister and her dh and kids, my youngest brother his wife and their kids, my mom, my dd and her friend and her 4 month old dd were all there. My brothers dd is almost 2 and she is a crack up. She reminds me so much of my youngest dd when she was that age. She is potting training,so they brought her potty with her. She was naked most of the evening and did a great job!!
My sister and her dh had gone on a trip to Italy for their honeymoon and we were looking at her album and talking about the Sopranos, when my mom asked my dh if he was going out to see his dad for fathers day, and my dd, comedian that he is responded, in his best Tony Soprano voice, "No, I told him to come and see ME!" We just started laughing so hard. I couldn't stop. I guess you have to know my dh, he is a funny guy. Anyway, we all had a lot of fun.
Today, JENI CAME HOME!!! Can you tell I am so happy?? Then dh's parents came over for dinner. It was a nice day, but I am really tired, as I was up all night worrying about dd driving. Thanks to all who said prayers for her.
My inlaws are VERY old fashioned and conservative and some of the things that come out of dd #3's mouth shock me. So at dinner she was talking about someone at work bugging her early this morning to work today. DD said " She just kept calling and calling and I finally told her to stop or I was going to Kick her Ass." My mil just was in shock. I tried really hard not to laugh and had to leave the table for a few minutes.
DH had a nice fathers day, so I am happy.

No comments: