Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Drama

I hate drama!! Especially drama at work and it seems that is all there has been lately. Granted we have a great crew in the evening, but one person can cause alot of trouble, and one person does. Now the docs are getting their drama spilled over into ours. I try my hardest to stay out of it, but one surgeon, the HEAD of the cardiac department called me to cancel another heart surgeons case for tomorrow. I CAN"T DO THAT!! So, I had to call my boss, who called the dept head, and she cancelled the surgery. It is going to hit the fan tomorrow!! Hopefully it will be over before I get there at 230.

Then my dd#3 is a drama queen! There is constant drama surrounding that girl, and this weekend she found out her bf cheated on her again, but this time with one of her "best" friends. This friend said to her "Don't be mad, I have to tell you something. I F'd Ben. My dd was beyond devasated and did a bit of Carrie Underwood justice to said bf's car. Nothing expensive and that can't be fixed. I feel so bad for her.

Then my mom is going to be 80 on the 19th. The same day my dd will be 19. My sister, planner that she is, made reservations at a place that is extremely expensive. It is a steakhouse where everything is ala carte and the steaks start at 30. So with salads, drinks etc. you are looking at 100 per person.My mom does NOT want to go there and my sister was insisting. So I asked mom what SHE wanted to do since it is her birthday afterall. She said she felt sick for us to spend that much on a dinner and would rather have pizza and cake at my house, and then have us spend the money we would have for dinner to buy her a bose stereo system for her room. SO, that is what we are doing. My sister said, well that isn't special enough for her 80th birthday and I reminded her, that it is mom's birthday and that is how she wants to celebrate, so it is what we are doing. PERIOD. Besides if we had gone to the fancy place, my sister and my brother weren't going to bring their kids. And one of my brothers couldn't really afford to have dinner with himself and his wife there. He would have been really uncomfortable. And for our family it would have been around 700 dollars. I can't justify that amount of money on one dinner. So, I think it is settled.

I think that is it for now.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Teresa, I'm praying the drama dies down at work. It can make life pretty stressful.

Praying for your dd #3 too.

I like your moom's plan for her birthday too! I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on just one dinner! She'll love the Bose.