It was a nice, quiet weekend. Friday Nicole and I went to Costco, I bought more for their house than for mine, but they needed it, and I enjoy doing it for them. I ran to Taco Hell for dinner. I wanted to try their new grilled chicke taquitos. They were actually pretty good. Saturday I was actually up early enough to hit the Farmers Market. I haven't been in months. So, I got some "real" tomatoes, cuckes, lettuce, potatoes, plums and a watermelon. Then I went to do my weekly Tarj'ay run, and stayed home the rest of the day.
Sunday I didn't even get dressed! I took a shower and had good intentions, but threw on an very old terry cloth robe and that was my outfit for the entire day. It was so relaxing. Haven't had a day off like that since I was doing chemo. I think God was gearing me up for today.
DJ got up about 930 and said he needed to go to the doctor. DJ NEVER says that. He had been vomitting since 5 and had diareeah. COuldn't keep anything down, so off we went to Urgent Care. THey took blood and his wite count was elevated,pointing to an infection. Since the shot they gave him helped the nausea, but not the pain, they thought appendicitis, so off to the ER we went. The ER docs highly doubt appendicits, so they pushed and prodded, made him pee in a cup and sent us home.If the pain on his right side gets worse, or he gets a fever he has to go back. I also called my favorite surgeon to see if he would be available if we needed him. He wasn't even working today, but he said "Of course, any time, just call me on my cell!" He is wonderful, and as long as my kids are still "technically" kids, they will still go to PCH>
.
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment